Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vetiver & Patchouli

I’ve had some Vetiver essential oil in my cupboard for a while now, I haven't used it before because I’ve always hated the fragrance straight out of the bottle, it's just way too strong for my liking, this is one essential oil that really packs a punch.  But I thought it was time to have a go and make some soap out of it, so I decided to calm that strong fragrance down a bit and mixed it with some Lavender and Patchouli and it smells so much better now, I'd still say it's not a fragrance for the faint heated, but for those of you who like the aroma of Patchouli, this is probably another  fragrance you just might really like. 

Just a bit of info about Vetiver essential oil, it’s known in some countries as the oil of tranquillity, it has a deep smoky, earthy aroma and is said to be good for depression and insomnia, also for acne and oily skin, cuts and wounds, sounds pretty good to me,  so here it is, my Lavender, Patchouli &Vetiver soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment