Thursday, October 7, 2010

Naked Beer Bar

Another soap I’ve been wanting to make for ages is a beer soap, so I decided it was well and truly time that I got around to actually making it.

I can remember when I was quite young, my Mum using Beer as a special rinse after washing her hair to make it “nice and shiny” as she used to say, it didn’t hold much of a appeal for me at the time, but I’ve been reading about how good beer really is, especially for your hair.

Washing your hair in beer has even been claimed to make your hair grow faster (now I really don’t believe that one) but it is known to give body and shine to your hair.

Beer baths are particular popular in Europe where local lager is poured into tubs for guests to enjoy the rich and relaxing suds and people travel from all around the world to relax in their curative beer spas. They also incorporate it into their “Brewski” facials which are said to leave the skin smooth and supple.

Our Naked Beer bar is made with a whole bottle of "Pure Blonde Naked beer", hence its name. I’ve added extra rice bran and hazelnut oils and certified organic cocoa and shea butters to make it a truly special soap bar that has a wonderful bubbly lather and lime, orange and may chang essential oils to make our beer bar a very pleasant bathing experience indeed. Hope you like it:)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Is is a shampoo bar? xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. your beer bar sounds to die for Jan, ingredients, scents and all! I'm tempted to say I WANT ONE :) I have made shampoo bars in the past w/ beer and egg yolk and they were among my and customers favorites. The lather is stunning, very creamy and conditioning. I recently made a beer body bar and must say that it took quite some time for the scent to develop, and the beer (stink) to fade. Now they have a lovely malty warm scent.
    best, c'bong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, beer soaps are one of my favorites too! I especially love the creamy lather and the light hint of malty scent. I'm interested in the beer rinse, sounds very interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try today!

    - Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks great, Jan! I've done the beer-rinse thing, too. My favorite shampoo was "Body on Tap" w/beer (back in the '70's)...never thought of a beer shampoo bar -what a great idea. I'm w/C'bong -I think I NEED one! ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lime and Orange sounds like a perfect EO blend for a blond beer soap. Pure luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies:) it does have a warm malty fragrance and a lovely lather, I'm hoping they'll sell well, but we'll soon see. I did make it as a shampoo bar Jen, but it's just as wonderful on your skin as well. If you'd like to try one Cocobong and Becky just email and let me know, I'd be happy to send you one:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the foamy look on top - I'd say you did an outstanding job for a first try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Amy, I was trying to get a frothy look on top, so I'm glad it came through a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound wonderful :0) that topping is so cool lovely lovely lovely.

    ReplyDelete